Step 1: Prepare the page:
- Navigate to: Pages → Add New
- Enter the title for this page: Homepage or Home or whatever you want.
The homepage hero title and subtitle are formed from the page content:
<h1 class="text-center">The best way to find great places</h1>
<p class="lead mb-4 text-center">What would you like to discover today ?</p>
- At the right side of your screen find the "Page Attributes" box and select "Home" in the "Template" dropdown.
- Navigate to: Dashboard → Settings → Reading
- At the "Your Homepage Displays" option select "A static page"
- At the "Front page:" dropdown, select your chosen homepage.
- You are done! Now you have your Homepage.
Step 2: Homepage Widgets
The "Homepage" widget area controls the content on the "Home" page template.
To start managing "Homepage" widgets, Navigate to Appearance -> Widgets from the admin panel.
Add new widgets from the Available Widgets section by dragging them to the "Homepage" Sidebar.